Shrimp Scampi Salad
- 7 oz pkg. EarthGreens® Sweet Lettuce Mix
- 2 Mandarin oranges, peeled and separated
- ½ cup Flour
- ¼ tsp. Sea salt
- ½ cup Extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp. Freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp. Cayenne pepper
- 2 lbs. Fresh shrimp, shelled and deveined without tails
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Shallot, chopped
- ½ cup Fresh parsley, minced
- ½ tsp. Dried oregano, crushed
- 2 Tbsp. White wine
- 2 Tbsp. Brandy
In a small bowl, combine flour, sea salt, pepper and cayenne pepper; mix thoroughly. Place shrimp in the bowl and coat with mixture.
In a large skillet, heat olive oil on high, sauté shrimp for 6 minutes. Turn shrimp over often to prevent burning. Place EarthGreens® Sweet Salad Mix on a large platter, add mandarin oranges. Using a slotted spoon, transfer shrimp to the large platter, placing it on top of the bed of salad greens.
Using the remaining oil in the pan, sauté garlic, shallot, parsley and oregano over medium heat for 4 minutes; stirring constantly. Drizzle mixture over the shrimp.
In the same pan, pour wine and brandy into the skillet bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir and loosen any bits on the bottom of the skillet; pour over shrimp salad. Makes 4-6 servings.